For many years already email marketing is considered the top effective marketing channel with every $1 spent returning $51 on your investment. More than 290 billion emails are sent daily on average and is expected to reach 347 billion by the end of 2023. Some strategies that worked years ago now no long works, but email marketing is still a key player if you do the correct way.
Bellow, find out five (5) email marketing strategies to achieve the best results in your campaigns.
1) Keep your email as much as personal as possible: It should sound like you’re talking to a close personal friend. Personalize it don’t mean that you send an individual email to every single subscriber but that you use customer data to create a personalized message. The simplest form is to address the reader by name, and mostly email service providers (ESP) offer this within their functionality. Take in mind that this tactic alone will improve your campaign performance.
2) In 2012, 27% of all marketing emails were opened on a mobile device. By 2014 that number jumped up to 42%, and in 2020 it was as high as 61%! What that means? Send mobile friendly emails is very smart these days! If you send an email to a subscriber list is much possible that a big percentage reads their emails on their mobile device, and if the email is not optimized for that device, its very possible also that a good percentage of subscribers will unsubscribe or delete it.
3) Spend a lot of time on your subject line! After all, if it doesn’t catch people’s attention and spark their interest, no one’s going to open and read your email! The subject line have approximately 70% of influence on the opening of those emails! Testing provides us with data to make practical decisions that will improve our marketing performance. And email marketing is no different. You can also test from address – the name that appears in the “from” field has a huge impact on whether the reader opens your email, and if you can use plain text vs HTML campaigns.
4) Segment your subscribers as segmentation strategy is second on the top initiatives since 2020. For example, the best way to get small business owners to turn up to your event would be to create a segment of people who list themselves as a small business owner that lives within 20 miles of your event and then send them an invite by email. The segmentation part is simple and can easily be done through CRM software.
5) Make sure your email gets people to take a specific action and be sure to include this “call to action” as close to the top of your email as possible. And much important: track your metrics! Keep track of your open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates. That’ll help you understand how well your email has performed, and where it needs to be fixed. For example, if nobody opens your email, if people open your email but don’t click on your link, and if lots of people are clicking through to your sales page and not making a purchase.
Email marketing has evolved and it’s no longer as simple as sending the same email to all. You need to send targeted messages that are personalized, and optimized for multiple devices. Email marketing continues to deliver results, but It’s time to update the strategy.