Resumes continue to be an important tool in a successful job search and in every job field. The purpose as any other marketing material is to get an interview with a potential employer. Of course, a resume alone won’t get you the job, but it can help get you that all-important interview. While in the past resume is probably a summary of work history, today’s it is a sales tool! Employers are interested in your skills not just your previous work experience. In fact, they want to know what you can do for them now and in the future. Take it in mind!
The basic and most important:
1) What you have done (achievements and experiences)
2) What you can do (skills and abilities)
3) What is a resume: not your life story, but yes and for sure, your toll for better self-promotion.
For the right template:
1) Make it clear and easy to read.
2) Keep in a single page and choose a font that’s easy to read (Times New Roman). Pay attention in special for the letter L (sometimes it is confused with the number 1).
3) Stick to cream, gray or white paper; keep it simple. The point here is to marketing yourself.
4) Be smart and remember that each job needs one specific resume (show for each employer what they expect most from you). It’s like your own “sells tool”.
5) Omit salary requirements
6) Proofread your resume before you send it out, and make sure your contacts as email and phone number is correct.
7) Follow instructions precisely. If the Ad says to email it, not try to call. If it says to send in the body/text of the email, not include an attachment. If there is option, prefer email instead Fax. You can send it by mail, but avoid bring it in person. Click Here for Complete Article
A sample question for your reflection:
Why should we hire you?
This question goes to the core of the interview. Your interviewer wants a clear, straightforward response. Before your interview please spend a lot of time thinking about this question. Put yourself in the interviewer’s shoes. Why should the company hire you? Get yourself a large blank sheet of paper and answer it. At your actual interview, the first thing to do is to find out what the company is really looking for to solve the current problem it has. As you begin to answer the question, the first thing to do is to recap the interviewer’s description of the job and the type of person they are seeking and then meet these requirements point-by-point. You might begin by: “Well, this is the key question! In your job description you clearly state that you are looking for someone who is… and who can do… Is that an accurate description?” You can then conclude by saying: “I definitely believe I have the skills and qualities you are looking for to be a success in this job. I’m a team player. I listen and am more than willing to learn from my superiors and I have the desire to do very well. Is there anything that I have left out that you would like me to expand on?”
After you think about this powerful and almost “sure” question, take your time for follow and “play” some simple rules that should be very effective.
* Dress Professionally – No one is going to hire a slob, so make sure you dress to impress!
* Be Nice – You never know how much pull even the receptionist may have in the company.
* Always Bring a Résumé – You may think they already have a copy, but bringing an extra copy along will make you look prepared and professional.
* Make Eye Contact – Eye contact lets your employer known you are confident and in control of your answers.
* Take a Risk – If you are unsure of what you’d like to do, a risky choice may turn out to be the perfect thing for you!
2) Don’t accept any job, or better say, don’t accept the wrong job. Before any decision, during the interview remember to find out some details that can make a big difference like what hours are expected to work, why the position is open, how long you spend on driving and how much you will pay in gas during each month.
3) It is better to work for a bad boss at a good company than for a good boss at a bad company. If your work hard and demonstrating your skills should be easy for a good company’s leader eventually identify and get rid of a bad boss and you may be rewarded for staying. Besides, always a good company will look better on your résumé.
4) Career Gear (212)577-6190 and Dress for Success (212)532-1922 provides clothing for job interviews to low-income men and women respectively. Get more information also in their official websites www.careergear.org and www.dressforsuccess.org.
5) Many pre-retirees and retirees wish to expand their professional abilities but are reluctant to commit to a graduate degree program. A certification lets you work as an accredited professional in a specialty field. Generally, the part-time training takes less than a year and costs significantly less than graduate school.
6) Some employers don’t like to hire old workers for fear that they will lack in energy and retire soon. Laws designed to protect older job applicants from age-based discrimination are relatively ineffective. But, is necessary and important not to be discouraged! There are plenty of employers who are happy to hire workers of any age if they are qualified to do the work that the employers need. Some smart ways to have success is not demonstrate your are desperate, showing enthusiasm, taking advantage of your large “grapevine” or extensive networking with friend and colleagues, keep each interview answer short and around 20 seconds to maximum 2 minutes, playing up the positive aspects of the older-employee stereotypes and always send a “thank you” note to everyone you met at the job search day (it should be by email following by a printing version mailed in the mail).
We have team up with eresumé, the Resume Writing Services Experts. The company – mention by L.A Times as the “Best of the Bunch”, can provides a professional resume writers by creating personalized resumes that works. Their services definitely can make you get the job of your dreams. Everyone needs a quality résumé!
Go Freelance is a premier online community for freelance professionals and companies looking to hire skilled freelance experts. They have thousands of freelance and work-at-home jobs in the US and worldwide. Market your freelance services and find all the business you need to succeed. They have thousands of jobs in their database with fresh contracts and projects being added daily.
World’s Largest Talent Community
Founded in 2003, Explore Talent is now the world’s largest talent community and the premiere online source for acting and modeling auditions & casting. They have close to 1 million members and premium paying members have access to an inventory of about 10,000 current casting and auditions. The company has almost 100 people working diligently to deliver the highest quality of service and access to a wide array of auditions and castings tailored to each of their members. They are constantly working to find even better ways to enhance their members careers. They offer paid but a free sign up where visitors can search castings and auditions and even post their resumes and pictures.
Resume Rabbit INSTANTLY submits a resume and job requirements on up to 75 top job sites including Monster, Job.com, CareerBuilder, Net-Temps, Dice and more! Once finished, you can be seen by over 1.5 million employers and recruiters daily. It takes ONLY 5 minutes & saves over 60 hours of research and data entry. Best of all, its easy to use and produces REAL results! Since January 2001 ResumeRabbit has performed over 1,000,000’s of resume submissions for loads of happy customers. They offer inclusive some great testimonials to prove the positive feedback.
It’s no secret we’re living in some of the most stressful and difficult times in years — and today’s job market is a killer. Criativity and knowledge in most cases is the secret to be ahead of competition. Check 3 Little-Known Job Search Secrets that will continue to keep your competition “Stuck In The Mud” for years to come. Click Here! Click Here »
E-Bay Research Tool
There are plenty of people who are making bigger bucks from the almost 3 million auctions that close each day on e-Bay alone. In fact, thousands of e-Bay entrepreneurs have stores that sell S1000 a day worth of goods. An eBay certified provider called Terapeak, a industry leader in providing marketplace research for eBay sellers and buyers is in part, “the secret” of e-bay top sellers. It is specially for sellers, a great valuable tool for market research and may can predict inclusive the next top sellers on the ecommerce market. E-Bay is a dynamic new marketplace that is here to stay. * If you planning starting a e-bay business, we recommend a easy to follow up book with hand on screen illustration. Check “Easy e-Bay” in our review bookstore or click here: Easy eBay
Business & Career Magazines
Best Deal Magazines – $4.69 Magazine Subscriptions This is an awesome offer for bargain hunters. Best Deal Magazines offers 100+ magazines for just $4.69 for each 1 year subscription. Order for yourself, family, friends and business associates. All you pay is $4.69 for each 1 year subscription. Order as many as you like – the total potential savings is approximately $1,000. This offer is valid on new, gift and renewal subscriptions. In addition, unlike many other magazine websites, Best Deal Magazines does NOT automatically renew you at a higher rate after your subscription term is finished. To clear up any potential confusion, make sure you choose from the “$4.69 Subscriptions” category. In addition to the great $4.69 offer, Best Deal Magazines also offers 900+ magazine subscriptions at savings up to 95% off the cover price. Check it out at BEST DEAL MAGAZINES
In recent months demand for selected professional and executive positions has really increased. Substantial attractive situations exist in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Hartford, Houston, Los Angeles, New Jersey, N.Y, Orlando and Phoenix among others cities. If you are a professional or executive seeking a $60.000 to $500.000 job as C-Level Execs, VPs, Directors, Managers, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Technology, Finance, Accounting or Service & Manufacturing, the leading nationwide service for those executives – wishing to be considered at small employers, growth firms and Fortune 1000 companies should be a great alternative. Every day, ESO attracts professionals and executives from virtually every industry and country in the world. Their technology makes candidates easily accessible to employers, recruiters, and venture capitalists in confidence. For Free Request-Detail Information Click Here: Executive Openings! C-level Execs., Senior VPs, VPs, Directors & Managers. $80,000 to $500,000+
Paying for Education
» College Planning Calculators – Plan your college budget and student loans. Click Here
» Fellowships – Graduate students can explore a wide range of graduate research fellowship opportunities in this group of web sites. Click Here
» Find a Loan – Federal or private student loans are a big part of most financial aid plans. Find the right loan for you on the web sites below. Click Here
» Loan Repayment – Resources to help with loan deferments, servicing, consolidation, forgiveness, budgeting, and more. The web sites below can help answer your loan repayment questions. Click Here
» Scholarships and Grants – Learn about government grant programs and search for grants and scholarships of all kinds on the web sites in this section. Click Here
» State Financial Aid – Learn about and link to state-supported financial aid programs in your state in the web sites below. Click Here